J.K. Rowling has driven some people crazy with her continuous tweets about Harry Potter. But for super fans the relentless Wizarding World updates are more than welcome, including Rowling’s tweet on Friday that acknowledged the birthday of none other than Draco Malfoy, who would be turning 35.
She’s not invited to the party, and it’s no surprise. In December, during Rowling’s 12 Days of Christmas series on fansite Pottermore, she revealed new information about the character. Though she did explain there is “some unextinguished good at the heart of Draco,” she found herself “unnerved” by the “number of girls who fell for” him.
“Draco has all the dark glamour of the anti-hero; girls are very apt to romanticise such people. All of this left me in the unenviable position of pouring cold common sense on ardent readers’ daydreams, as I told them, rather severely, that Draco was not concealing a heart of gold under all that sneering,” the author wrote.
It’s curious to imagine his 35th birthday party now, which will perhaps include extra shots of fire whiskey and a game of pin the tail on the Hippogriff?
Harry Potter Illustrated Edition Illustrations
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org