J.K. Rowling has driven some people crazy with her continuous tweets about Harry Potter. But for super fans the relentless Wizarding World updates are more than welcome, including Rowling’s tweet on Friday that acknowledged the birthday of none other than Draco Malfoy, who would be turning 35.
She’s not invited to the party, and it’s no surprise. In December, during Rowling’s 12 Days of Christmas series on fansite Pottermore, she revealed new information about the character. Though she did explain there is “some unextinguished good at the heart of Draco,” she found herself “unnerved” by the “number of girls who fell for” him.
“Draco has all the dark glamour of the anti-hero; girls are very apt to romanticise such people. All of this left me in the unenviable position of pouring cold common sense on ardent readers’ daydreams, as I told them, rather severely, that Draco was not concealing a heart of gold under all that sneering,” the author wrote.
It’s curious to imagine his 35th birthday party now, which will perhaps include extra shots of fire whiskey and a game of pin the tail on the Hippogriff?
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate