Andy Murray, the world no. 3 tennis player, says he has become a feminist after seeing the treatment his coach Amélie Mauresmo received at the hands of the media and critics.
Writing in his blog in L’Équipe, Murray writes that he knwe that his appointment of Mauresmo would be controversial because few male tennis players have female coaches:
Murray asked if he had become a feminist:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk