The answer was literally staring them in the face.
On a Wednesday episode of Jeopardy, contestants were prompted to identify Attorney General Loretta Lynch. The $600 question even came with a visual clue—an image of America’s newly minted “top cop” was flashed across the screen as host Alex Trebek asked the three contestants to identify her.
Not one hit the buzzer. “The lady’s name is Loretta Lynch,” Trebek said.
Not a bad case for requiring more students to take a basic civics course, is it?
Watch the full clip below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow