The answer was literally staring them in the face.
On a Wednesday episode of Jeopardy, contestants were prompted to identify Attorney General Loretta Lynch. The $600 question even came with a visual clue—an image of America’s newly minted “top cop” was flashed across the screen as host Alex Trebek asked the three contestants to identify her.
Not one hit the buzzer. “The lady’s name is Loretta Lynch,” Trebek said.
Not a bad case for requiring more students to take a basic civics course, is it?
Watch the full clip below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart