While you’re finally busting out your finest summer wear, Target already has its sights set on fall with its latest designer collaboration.
The retailer will team up with high-fashion designer Adam Lippes for an exclusive partnership featuring all-things plaid, from limited edition Diet Coke bottles to home goods and fashion ensembles. Target tapped Lippes to design a line of more than 50 items inspired by buffalo plaid.
“Plaid has been a defining element of style for every generation, and we felt it would be the perfect centerpiece for this design moment: it can be both fun and fashionable,” said Kathee Tesija, an executive vice president for Target.
It’s a surprising aesthetic for a designer who is better known for his luxe minimalism and eccentric details than all-American buffalo plaid.
Products will hit the shelves this August through October. Hopefully, stores will be ready for the demand to avoid the problems that plagued the Lilly Pulizter collaboration this spring.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.