While you’re finally busting out your finest summer wear, Target already has its sights set on fall with its latest designer collaboration.
The retailer will team up with high-fashion designer Adam Lippes for an exclusive partnership featuring all-things plaid, from limited edition Diet Coke bottles to home goods and fashion ensembles. Target tapped Lippes to design a line of more than 50 items inspired by buffalo plaid.
“Plaid has been a defining element of style for every generation, and we felt it would be the perfect centerpiece for this design moment: it can be both fun and fashionable,” said Kathee Tesija, an executive vice president for Target.
It’s a surprising aesthetic for a designer who is better known for his luxe minimalism and eccentric details than all-American buffalo plaid.
Products will hit the shelves this August through October. Hopefully, stores will be ready for the demand to avoid the problems that plagued the Lilly Pulizter collaboration this spring.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve