Melissa McCarthy is famous because she makes us laugh—but beyond just that, she makes us think. She takes the “Get beach body ready!” cover lines on women’s magazines and makes them irrelevant, shedding light on what really matters: her work as a woman, a mother and an actress.
Most recently, she slammed a reporter who mocked her looks in Tammy, calling him out in person at the Toronto Film Festival. She’s also a crusader for change, starting a plus-size clothing line called Melissa McCarthy Seven7 to ensure that all women can dress for their style and mood, no matter her size. As her latest comedy Spy hits theaters Friday, soak up some of her wisdom with her most inspiring quotes.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?