Melissa McCarthy is famous because she makes us laugh—but beyond just that, she makes us think. She takes the “Get beach body ready!” cover lines on women’s magazines and makes them irrelevant, shedding light on what really matters: her work as a woman, a mother and an actress.
Most recently, she slammed a reporter who mocked her looks in Tammy, calling him out in person at the Toronto Film Festival. She’s also a crusader for change, starting a plus-size clothing line called Melissa McCarthy Seven7 to ensure that all women can dress for their style and mood, no matter her size. As her latest comedy Spy hits theaters Friday, soak up some of her wisdom with her most inspiring quotes.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears