Playing with your remote-controlled toy submarine is fun enough. But what if you could also films its underwater adventures?
Well, thanks to the latest TTRobotix’s Seawolf submarine, you can do that because it now comes with a mount for a GoPro Hero3 or Hero4 video camera (the camera must be bought separately). The company unveiled its new model, spotted by CNET, this week at Computex 2015, an IT tradeshow in Taipei.
The submarines come in two versions: one for fresh water and one for sea water (make sure you pick the right one because the fresh water version uses FM radio, which doesn’t work in the denser salt water). Both version will launch in August and will cost a hefty $999
In terms of specs, the submarine can reach speeds of up to 2.17 miles per hour, and its battery will last for about 50 minutes.
GoPro has been a popular accessory for recreational drones. Last week, the camera company unveiled an upcoming six-camera rig for capturing footage that can be turned into content for virtual reality.
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll