Amancio Ortega, founder of clothing retailer Zara, is now the second-richest man in the world, knocking legendary investor Warren Buffett into third place.
The 79-year-old who hails from Spain is worth over $71.5 billion as of June 2, 2015, according to Bloomberg. Bill Gates remains the world’s richest man with a net worth of over $85.5 billion.
Buffet’s net worth of $70.2 billion — over $1 billion shy of Ortega’s new total — drops him well into third.
According to Business Insider:
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon recently became a billionaire for the first time as stocks of the company surged. He now has an estimated $1.1 billion net worth.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up