Amazon now gets the honor of reportedly being the first company to use its packaging to advertise an un-related product.
The company is rolling out ads on its delivery boxes in bright yellow to boost the new Minions movie from the Despicable Me franchise, Geek Wire reported. Boxes began being sent to customers last week. According to Geek Wire, there are three different types of ads. There’s also a link on the box to a Minions page on the e-commerce site.
The article notes that while Amazon has used its packaging in the past to market its own products, this is the first time that it has done so for a non-Amazon product. Per Geek Wire:
It already appears to be a hit on social media, as customers have been posing with their Minions-themed boxes and posting to Twitter.
Here’s an image of the packaging:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time