At the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in London Tuesday, Amy Schumer gave a speech that was the essence of Schumer: raunchy, self-effacing and empowering.
The insanely funny, NSFW speech—given as Schumer accepted the Trailblazer of the Year award—covered her awkward years, women’s magazines and underwear. She discussed how female comedians are typically treated in photo shoots, and how some women’s magazines “make you feel bad for being born with a p—y.” She also thanked Goldie Hawn.
Schumer’s speech won props from Caitlin Moran, who tweeted:
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was