At the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in London Tuesday, Amy Schumer gave a speech that was the essence of Schumer: raunchy, self-effacing and empowering.
The insanely funny, NSFW speech—given as Schumer accepted the Trailblazer of the Year award—covered her awkward years, women’s magazines and underwear. She discussed how female comedians are typically treated in photo shoots, and how some women’s magazines “make you feel bad for being born with a p—y.” She also thanked Goldie Hawn.
Schumer’s speech won props from Caitlin Moran, who tweeted:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time