At the Glamour Women of the Year Awards in London Tuesday, Amy Schumer gave a speech that was the essence of Schumer: raunchy, self-effacing and empowering.
The insanely funny, NSFW speech—given as Schumer accepted the Trailblazer of the Year award—covered her awkward years, women’s magazines and underwear. She discussed how female comedians are typically treated in photo shoots, and how some women’s magazines “make you feel bad for being born with a p—y.” She also thanked Goldie Hawn.
Schumer’s speech won props from Caitlin Moran, who tweeted:
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now