A special residency certificate for Godzilla has been trending on Facebook after the fictional movie monster was recognized as a citizen of the Shinjuku area of Tokyo, Japan, in April. Copies of the papers were reportedly handed out to fans in the city late last month.
According to Rocket News 24, a blog that reports Japanese news in English, the special residency credentials note the character’s birth date as April 9, 1954, the year the first Godzilla movie came out. (See the rest of the language here.) A Godzilla head now reportedly soars 171-feet above ground at Toho, the movie studio that brought the famous creature to life.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time