Dunkin’ Donuts will give customers who purchase a beverage one free donut of their choice this Friday to mark National Donut Day.
The deal will extend to participating locations nationwide and will continue throughout the day, “while supplies last,” the retailer notes.
“Donuts have a special place in our country’s history and culture, creating moments of delight, lifting spirits and bringing people together at work and at home,” said Jeff Miller, vice president of product innovation at Dunkin’ Brands.
National Donut Day was instituted in 1938 to commemorate Salvation Army workers who surprised soldiers with donut deliveries. Today, it’s marked by a nationwide flurry of freebies from national donut chains.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow