Dunkin’ Donuts will give customers who purchase a beverage one free donut of their choice this Friday to mark National Donut Day.
The deal will extend to participating locations nationwide and will continue throughout the day, “while supplies last,” the retailer notes.
“Donuts have a special place in our country’s history and culture, creating moments of delight, lifting spirits and bringing people together at work and at home,” said Jeff Miller, vice president of product innovation at Dunkin’ Brands.
National Donut Day was instituted in 1938 to commemorate Salvation Army workers who surprised soldiers with donut deliveries. Today, it’s marked by a nationwide flurry of freebies from national donut chains.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now