An automated Twitter feed corrects users who mis-indentify Caitlyn Jenner as “he.” When a Twitter user refers to Jenner on the social network using the wrong pronoun, the bot—dubbed @she_not_he—tweets a response with a reminder of to use Jenner’s now-preferred female pronoun.
The athlete and television celebrity previously known as Bruce Jenner began gender transition earlier this year, undergoing breast augmentation and facial reconstruction surgery. Jenner chose to introduce herself to the world as Caitlyn on June 1 in a Vanity Fair article.
There has been an outpouring of recognition and support for Jenner on Twitter, both from her family as well as other celebrities. And yet, many users are confused or simply haven’t read the story in which Jenner makes it clear she prefers to be referred to as a woman. The bot’s about section reads:
It also links to the GLAAD website.
Here’s what it looks like when the bot corrects a Twitter user:
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State