An automated Twitter feed corrects users who mis-indentify Caitlyn Jenner as “he.” When a Twitter user refers to Jenner on the social network using the wrong pronoun, the bot—dubbed @she_not_he—tweets a response with a reminder of to use Jenner’s now-preferred female pronoun.
The athlete and television celebrity previously known as Bruce Jenner began gender transition earlier this year, undergoing breast augmentation and facial reconstruction surgery. Jenner chose to introduce herself to the world as Caitlyn on June 1 in a Vanity Fair article.
There has been an outpouring of recognition and support for Jenner on Twitter, both from her family as well as other celebrities. And yet, many users are confused or simply haven’t read the story in which Jenner makes it clear she prefers to be referred to as a woman. The bot’s about section reads:
It also links to the GLAAD website.
Here’s what it looks like when the bot corrects a Twitter user:
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears