An automated Twitter feed corrects users who mis-indentify Caitlyn Jenner as “he.” When a Twitter user refers to Jenner on the social network using the wrong pronoun, the bot—dubbed @she_not_he—tweets a response with a reminder of to use Jenner’s now-preferred female pronoun.
The athlete and television celebrity previously known as Bruce Jenner began gender transition earlier this year, undergoing breast augmentation and facial reconstruction surgery. Jenner chose to introduce herself to the world as Caitlyn on June 1 in a Vanity Fair article.
There has been an outpouring of recognition and support for Jenner on Twitter, both from her family as well as other celebrities. And yet, many users are confused or simply haven’t read the story in which Jenner makes it clear she prefers to be referred to as a woman. The bot’s about section reads:
It also links to the GLAAD website.
Here’s what it looks like when the bot corrects a Twitter user:
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time