UPDATE: After breaking the Guinness record for fastest to 1 million Twitter followers, Caitlyn Jenner tweeted her thanks to supporters.
EARLIER: Caitlyn Jenner broke the Internet. On Monday, after her Vanity Fair cover was revealed, Jenner sent out her first tweet. In the four hours that followed, the former Olympian grabbed 1 million followers, reaching the milestone faster than anyone in history, including previous Guinness record-holder Barack Obama.
Since the cover was revealed, more than 1.5 million tweets have been sent about Jenner, including messages of praise from her family, other celebrities and general admirers.
Twitter released a visualization about Jenner’s day on Twitter.
For more on Jenner’s cover, head here.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?