UPDATE: After breaking the Guinness record for fastest to 1 million Twitter followers, Caitlyn Jenner tweeted her thanks to supporters.
EARLIER: Caitlyn Jenner broke the Internet. On Monday, after her Vanity Fair cover was revealed, Jenner sent out her first tweet. In the four hours that followed, the former Olympian grabbed 1 million followers, reaching the milestone faster than anyone in history, including previous Guinness record-holder Barack Obama.
Since the cover was revealed, more than 1.5 million tweets have been sent about Jenner, including messages of praise from her family, other celebrities and general admirers.
Twitter released a visualization about Jenner’s day on Twitter.
For more on Jenner’s cover, head here.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time