Steven Schussler, the businessman behind The Rainforest Café restaurant chain, has announced that his company Schussler Creative has acquired the worldwide licensing rights to develop restaurants and merchandise inspired by the eponymous 1963 hit by American folk singers Peter, Paul and Mary, according to a news release.
Written by Peter Yarrow and Lenny Lipton, the song also inspired an animated TV program and children’s book.
No word on whether these stores or restaurants will open in Colorado or Washington, where marijuana is legal for recreational use.
(h/t Grub Street)
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time