A Vermont woman was hospitalized after being bitten by a black widow spider, which she apparently brought home with her in a bag of grapes.
Shaw’s, the grocery store that sold the grapes, said it was inspecting the grape products in all of its stores, according to WPTZ news. “The health and safety of products we sell, and our customers, is our first concern,” Shaw’s spokesperson Brian Dowling told WPTZ.
Black widow bites can cause pain, weakness and flu-like symptoms, but they’re rarely deadly for healthy adults. The 21-year-old Vermont woman was released after a night at the University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up