A series of flash floods have left parts of Texas submerged under a foot of water. One YouTube user, Bryan Rumbaugh, posted footage shot with a drone of the Buffalo Bayou river region, which received about 11 inches of rain in just six hours overnight. The stunning overhead scenes show the impact of the storms and flooding that as of Tuesday evening had killed at least 14 people and left more than a dozen others missing.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving