Veteran comedian Anne Meara, who died Saturday at 85, was the matriarch of a show-business family. Her husband, Jerry Stiller, was the other half of their comedy team Stiller and Meara. Their son, Ben Stiller, became a star in his own right. On Monday morning, the actor tweeted his first comments on the death of his mother.
Meara is survived by Jerry Stiller, Ben Stiller, her daughter Amy, and several grandchildren.
This article originally appeared on EW.com.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Why Pence Launched His Presidential Bid in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk