Beatles legend Paul McCartney had two big surprises in store for fans at his London gig Saturday night.
During the concert at London’s O2 Arena, Foo Fighters front man Dave Grohl made an appearance onstage and the pair performed the Beatles classic “I Saw Her Standing There,” reports Rolling Stone.
The duo first performed the song at the 2009 Grammy Awards with Grohl on drums. They’ve also collaborated on a Grammy Award–winning track for Grohl’s documentary Sound City, called “Cut Me Some Slack.”
But the biggest surprise of the night was when McCartney performed “Temporary Secretary” from his album McCartney II for the first time ever.
The track, which Rolling Stone dubbed “one of 12 weirdest Paul McCartney songs,” had never been played live since its release 35 years ago.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time