For the last time, David Letterman signed off from his late-night show on Wednesday night. Light on the jokes, but heavy on the graciousness, the Late Night host thanked his entire staff — including crew, writers and the band — for all they had done for the show. “These people collectively,” he said, “deserve more credit for this show than I ever will.”
Yet, in the middle of Letterman’s good-bye, bandleader Paul Shaffer summed up everyone else’s thoughts, saying, “Thank you so much Dave, you’ve changed our lives.”
Watch the full signoff here.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart