For the last time, David Letterman signed off from his late-night show on Wednesday night. Light on the jokes, but heavy on the graciousness, the Late Night host thanked his entire staff — including crew, writers and the band — for all they had done for the show. “These people collectively,” he said, “deserve more credit for this show than I ever will.”
Yet, in the middle of Letterman’s good-bye, bandleader Paul Shaffer summed up everyone else’s thoughts, saying, “Thank you so much Dave, you’ve changed our lives.”
Watch the full signoff here.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow