What does it take to rile the 99%? Letting an expensive bottle of bubbly go to waste by pouring it out in your hot tub, apparently.
At least that seems to be the case judging by reactions on Twitter to the singer’s most recent video. Beyonce and Nicki Minaj released the music video for “Feeling Myself” on Monday. In it, Beyonce can be seen pouring out an iridescent bottle of Armand de Brignac—also known as Ace of Spades—into a hot tub. Bottles of the champagne range in price, sometimes into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to Yahoo! Celebrity. (It isn’t clear how much the particular bottle shown in the video costs.)
Nevertheless, some Twitter users were not amused:
According to a report released earlier this year by Oxfam, the combined wealth of the world’s richest 1% will overtake that of the other 99% next year unless current inequality trends go unchecked. Then again, Beyonce’s husband Jay-Z bought a stake in the company, reports Fortune. So maybe the pop star got a decent discount?
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement