You didn’t think Bill Murray’s last appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman would be any ordinary interview, did you?
Murray has a long history with Letterman’s late night gigs: He was Letterman’s very first guest on the Late Night show on NBC back in 1982 and the first guest to appear on the Late Show when Letterman moved to CBS in 1993. For his final appearance as a guest of the legendary host—Letterman signs off Wednesday night—Murray didn’t disappoint, jumping out of a giant cake with the words “Goodbye Dave” written across the front.
The eccentric actor then proceeded to smear the legendary host—along with a few audience members—with icing in the Murray-version of a sweet send-off. Watch the full clip below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart