Apple released the Apple Watch’s first post-launch software update on Tuesday, bringing a wide range of fixes and improvements to the smartwatch’s performance.
Watch OS 1.0.1 offers improved performance for Siri, accessibility and third-party apps, according to the software update. The fixes to third-party app usage could be the update’s most important aspect, given how many users have complained about how slow apps work on the smartwatch.
Version 1.0.1 also provides display support for new Emoji characters, and additional language support for Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Russian, Thai and Turkish. Two specific health tracking functions are addressed as well: Calorie counting for indoor cycling and rowing workouts, and distance and pace measurements for outdoor workouts.
The update can be installed through your iPhone.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve