Apple released the Apple Watch’s first post-launch software update on Tuesday, bringing a wide range of fixes and improvements to the smartwatch’s performance.
Watch OS 1.0.1 offers improved performance for Siri, accessibility and third-party apps, according to the software update. The fixes to third-party app usage could be the update’s most important aspect, given how many users have complained about how slow apps work on the smartwatch.
Version 1.0.1 also provides display support for new Emoji characters, and additional language support for Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Russian, Thai and Turkish. Two specific health tracking functions are addressed as well: Calorie counting for indoor cycling and rowing workouts, and distance and pace measurements for outdoor workouts.
The update can be installed through your iPhone.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization