Sen. Claire McCaskill is officially done with Game of Thrones.
“Ok, I’m done Game of Thrones,” McCaskill said Tuesday morning on Twitter.
“Water Garden, stupid.Gratuitous rape scene disgusting and unacceptable.It was a rocky ride that just ended.
The Missouri Democrat sent out the stream of consciousness tweet Tuesday morning, likely after wrapping up the HBO series’ most recent episode, which featured a brutal wedding-night rape scene that many criticized.
In the episode, Sansa Stark, played by Sophie Turner, was raped by her brute of a new husband shortly after saying I do. “It was a brutal, uncomfortable scene that almost certainly had viewers pleading with their screens and cursing them after,” TIME’s Eric Dodds wrote.
Turner, for her part, said she “loved” the scene, and George R.R. Martin, who wrote the books that inspired the series, defended what’s come to be called the “black wedding” scene.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022