Apple might have come up with a way to end iPhone separation anxiety.
An upcoming Apple Watch feature will reportedly be able to give “a tap or a light notice” if the user accidentally leaves behind the linked-up iPhone, 9to5Mac reported on Monday, citing an unnamed source familiar with Apple Watch development. It’s an optional reminder that could arise through Apple’s version of Find My iPhone for the Apple Watch, known internally as “Smart Leashing,” according to the source.
The features, however, are reportedly farther off than others in development, as the wireless technology might require a next-generation Apple Watch.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow