Apple might have come up with a way to end iPhone separation anxiety.
An upcoming Apple Watch feature will reportedly be able to give “a tap or a light notice” if the user accidentally leaves behind the linked-up iPhone, 9to5Mac reported on Monday, citing an unnamed source familiar with Apple Watch development. It’s an optional reminder that could arise through Apple’s version of Find My iPhone for the Apple Watch, known internally as “Smart Leashing,” according to the source.
The features, however, are reportedly farther off than others in development, as the wireless technology might require a next-generation Apple Watch.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time