Protesters clashed with police in the capital of Bujumbura on May 13 amid continued unrest that began April 26 over the nomination of President Pierre Nkurunziza for an unconstitutional third term. The Associated Press reports that violence subsided after a general claimed to have deposed Nkurunziza, who was in neighboring Tanzania at a summit, but uncertainty remained into Thursday as to who exactly was in charge.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time