Survivors of tragedies like Tuesday’s Amtrak train derailment usually elicit messages of sympathy—but instead, crash survivor Jennifer Kim is being mocked for complaining about her lost violin.
“Thanks a lot for derailing my train,” she tweeted at Amtrak through her account @vinoviolin, according to reports. “Can I please get my violin back from the 2nd car of the train?”
The tweet, as well as Kim’s entire Twitter account, was deleted after sparking criticism from Twitter users.
But many others were more inclined to cut her some slack given that she had just survived a deadly train crash.
Kim did not immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday morning.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases