Survivors of tragedies like Tuesday’s Amtrak train derailment usually elicit messages of sympathy—but instead, crash survivor Jennifer Kim is being mocked for complaining about her lost violin.
“Thanks a lot for derailing my train,” she tweeted at Amtrak through her account @vinoviolin, according to reports. “Can I please get my violin back from the 2nd car of the train?”
The tweet, as well as Kim’s entire Twitter account, was deleted after sparking criticism from Twitter users.
But many others were more inclined to cut her some slack given that she had just survived a deadly train crash.
Kim did not immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday morning.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time