At Monday’s Tampa Bay Rays game, a woman named Melissa Dohme walked on the field to throw out the ceremonial first pitch — and it ended up being one of the sweetest first pitches we’ve ever seen.
Three years ago, Dohme was the victim of a domestic attack, when her then-boyfriend stabbed her 32 times, Fox Sports reports. The first responder on the scene to save Dohme’s life was Cameron Hill — and the two began to date after Dohme’s recovery.
At Monday’s game, Hill ran to the mound to present her with a ball. On it, he had scrawled, “Will you marry me?” As she realizes what it says, he drops to one knee. Watch the moment in this video from the Tampa Bay Times:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement