A “steady trail of macaroni salad” helped lead police to three men, who were arrested for allegedly burglarizing a Build-A-Burger restaurant Sunday morning in Mount Morris, N.Y., about an hour southwest of Rochester.
While scoping out a local trail, authorities found parts of the restaurant’s surveillance system, cash register and rubber gloves. It was “later discovered that the suspects stole a large bowl of macaroni salad, which they took turns eating, along their escape route,” according to the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office.
The three men were arrested and charged with burglary, criminal mischief and grand larceny.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time