While noted college drop-out Kanye West was making headlines for collecting an honorary doctorate from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago this week — and Chance the Rapper was at Harvard the week before — rapper Lil Jon was busy lecturing at Oxford University.
Wearing an Oxford appropriate v-neck sweater, the King of Crunk discussed such wide-ranging topics as his thoughts on President Obama’s administration, media relations, what he would be doing if he wasn’t a rapper (psychologist!), his initial reaction to be asked to speak to the Oxford Guild (he thought he was being catfished), and, perhaps most importantly, where his former backing band/steady sidekicks The Eastside Boyz are at, according to The Tab Oxford and The Independent.
The “Turn Down for What” rapper had many thoughts on Obama’s presidency, comparing it to restoring old cars: “He put a new engine in it, he put some new rims, got a paint job.” Sadly, when it came to what the Eastside Boyz are up to, Lil Jon couldn’t provide any answers, saying instead, “I have no idea, dawg.”
While the Atlanta-based artist didn’t take his guest lecture position as seriously as West did when he made a similar appearance at the British institution, it seems clear that Lil Jon had a lot more fun.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption