On The Late Show Monday night, David Letterman’s interview with radio personality Howard Stern took a cringe-worthy turn when Stern tried to say goodbye by planting a kiss on the comedian, whose last show is May 20—not once, but twice. He was hardly subtle about it, too, shouting “KISS ME! KISS ME!” as Letterman squirmed and tried to run away.
Perhaps he was trying to one up Tina Fey, who bid farewell by taking off her clothes.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement