Verizon announced that it would acquire AOL for $4.4 billion on Tuesday, hailing the company as a “digital trailblazer.”
If seeing the words “AOL” and “trailblazer” has you feeling as if you’ve woken up in a mid-90’s time warp, here are a few more blasts from AOL’s past.
“Kayaking friends on your computer?”
“I want an A this time!”
“Every time you sign on it tells you if you’ve got mail.”
“It’s like living in the future”
“It’s Jerry Stiller!”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022