It seems like hundreds of new iPhone apps pop up every week, but which ones should you bother trying? We explored the App Store and found some apps actually worth downloading.
Amazon Instant Video
Amazon’s iOS video app has finally been updated with high-definition video, as well as a dashboard that shows how much mobile data the app has been using. This way, you won’t end up with a huge bill for going over your limit, but you’ll still be able to marathon binge Transparent. You can also use the app to download purchased or rented videos and view them offline.
For those who absolutely have no patience for Pandora, Pacemaker allows you to create extensive playlists from iTunes and Spotify and skip through songs with a simple tap. Pacemaker will also let you know when a playlist is about to end, so you can choose a new playlist or to let Pacemaker choose songs for you.
Although Typorama’s developers have marketed the app as an inspirational poster-making tool, its functions make it great for other reasons. Typorama lets you place typefaces over your images and edit them with a variety of filters. That means Typorama is great for sending any number of well-designed messages to friends, from birthday messages to apology cards.
Quick Compose is a simple app that serves a simple function. It allows you to post updates to Twitter or Facebook from your Notification Center. It comes with a designated keyboard which makes it fit into your notification seamlessly. Any app that allows you to operate another without opening a second application is a smart download.
Although it may not be the sharpest home security device, Alfred is useful for some basic monitoring. You can use an inactive smartphone and sync it with your Gmail account in order to stream a live video to your everyday phone. Basically, it turns your older generation iPhone into a nannycam. You can also add other devices and cameras into the mix for more extensive security.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive