Prince released his protest song “Baltimore” on SoundCloud Saturday ahead of the Rally 4 Peace concert Sunday at the city’s Royal Farms Arena.
As a spokesperson for the pop star said earlier this week, the track is about “the unrest in Baltimore and the socio/political issues around the country in the wake of a slew of killings of young black men.”
He recorded it at his Paisley Park studio near Minneapolis.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space