Prince released his protest song “Baltimore” on SoundCloud Saturday ahead of the Rally 4 Peace concert Sunday at the city’s Royal Farms Arena.
As a spokesperson for the pop star said earlier this week, the track is about “the unrest in Baltimore and the socio/political issues around the country in the wake of a slew of killings of young black men.”
He recorded it at his Paisley Park studio near Minneapolis.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working