Amy Schumer’s big year just got even bigger.
Later this month, the comedian will tape her first comedy special for HBO, the network announced Thursday. The special, which tapes May 29 at the Apollo Theater, will be directed by Chris Rock. The pairing makes for a comedy dream team of sorts.
Schumer’s highly praised Comedy Central show, Inside Amy Schumer, is currently in the midst of its third season, and in July Schumer is set to put her stamp on the summer blockbuster season with the release of the movie she stars in and wrote, Trainwreck, directed by Judd Apatow.
The special is set to air later this year, according to HBO.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive