Amy Schumer’s big year just got even bigger.
Later this month, the comedian will tape her first comedy special for HBO, the network announced Thursday. The special, which tapes May 29 at the Apollo Theater, will be directed by Chris Rock. The pairing makes for a comedy dream team of sorts.
Schumer’s highly praised Comedy Central show, Inside Amy Schumer, is currently in the midst of its third season, and in July Schumer is set to put her stamp on the summer blockbuster season with the release of the movie she stars in and wrote, Trainwreck, directed by Judd Apatow.
The special is set to air later this year, according to HBO.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms