A man who got pulled over by a police officer on April 17, 2013, while on a first date asked the police department to pull him over again exactly two years later so he could propose to the same woman.
In a clip uploaded by the YouTube channel for the police department in Royal Oak, Mich., an officer tells the couple to get out of the car and asks the woman named Ashley, “Can you explain what this is?” She starts laughing hysterically, then says yes.
Police in Galveston, Texas, participated in a similar stunt, helping a fellow cop pull over his girlfriend for a broken taillight and outstanding warrants. (She also said yes.)
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?