In light of the hype over the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge naming their newborn baby daughter Charlotte, Google has revealed the most Googled names for boys and girls by state. The maps were created using data on searches for “meaning of” and “common baby names” between March 2014 and March 2015.
The search engine says the top three most popular names for girls are Elizabeth, Olivia and Emma (in that order), while the top three for boys are Michael, James and Avery.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State