In light of the hype over the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge naming their newborn baby daughter Charlotte, Google has revealed the most Googled names for boys and girls by state. The maps were created using data on searches for “meaning of” and “common baby names” between March 2014 and March 2015.
The search engine says the top three most popular names for girls are Elizabeth, Olivia and Emma (in that order), while the top three for boys are Michael, James and Avery.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022