Some people plan elaborate marriage proposals involving everything from John Stamos to pugs. But when this guy wanted to ask his girlfriend to marry him, he went a different route. He enlisted the help of his 5-year-old son.
It all goes down on top of a beautiful mountain while the three of them are eating pancakes. The young boy offers the woman a wrapped gift, which ends up being a Cylon Raider from Battlestar Galactica with a ring dangling from it. (The video is in Norwegian, but YouTube has subtitles.)
The woman is completely blindsided, and the kid has to ask a few times, “Do you want to marry my dad?” The best part is that while she says yes and runs over to embrace her fiancé, the kid is still struggling to get the ring off his toy.
If anyone is thinking about proposing and wants to follow this guy’s lead, here’s a handy guide on how to use children to propose.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time