Some people plan elaborate marriage proposals involving everything from John Stamos to pugs. But when this guy wanted to ask his girlfriend to marry him, he went a different route. He enlisted the help of his 5-year-old son.
It all goes down on top of a beautiful mountain while the three of them are eating pancakes. The young boy offers the woman a wrapped gift, which ends up being a Cylon Raider from Battlestar Galactica with a ring dangling from it. (The video is in Norwegian, but YouTube has subtitles.)
The woman is completely blindsided, and the kid has to ask a few times, “Do you want to marry my dad?” The best part is that while she says yes and runs over to embrace her fiancé, the kid is still struggling to get the ring off his toy.
If anyone is thinking about proposing and wants to follow this guy’s lead, here’s a handy guide on how to use children to propose.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State