Louis C.K. has proven himself a capable triple threat in his FX series Louie, earning Emmy nominations for his acting and directing and winning for his writing. He’ll take all three skills to his new movie I’m a Cop, which will have a powerful producer in Scott Rudin.
The indie film will tell the story of a volunteer police officer who goes full-time after the death of his mother—a highly decorated retired officer herself, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Considering C.K.’s skills as a social satirist, plus the nuanced problems surrounding modern policing, here’s hoping the movie will resemble Louie more than 21 Jump Street.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer