Louis C.K. has proven himself a capable triple threat in his FX series Louie, earning Emmy nominations for his acting and directing and winning for his writing. He’ll take all three skills to his new movie I’m a Cop, which will have a powerful producer in Scott Rudin.
The indie film will tell the story of a volunteer police officer who goes full-time after the death of his mother—a highly decorated retired officer herself, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Considering C.K.’s skills as a social satirist, plus the nuanced problems surrounding modern policing, here’s hoping the movie will resemble Louie more than 21 Jump Street.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time