In order to promote his Sauza 901 tequila brand just in time for Cinco de Mayo on Tuesday, Justin Timberlake dressed up as a full-blown, green-faced lime.
The three-minute mockumentary-style commercial tells the story of Rick “Sour” Vane, a lime who lived the high life when all anybody wanted was a lime to go with their tequila.
“It was like you couldn’t drink tequila without one of us,” he says. “It was like we were rock stars.”
But things went sour when clubbers discovered a new drink on the scene — “triple distilled” Sauza 901 — and the thirst for limes was finally quenched.
Timberlake is a co-owner of Sauza 901, which is named after the area code of his hometown of Memphis. To further promote his new product, the singer and actor posted an apology video to his Instagram.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer