In order to promote his Sauza 901 tequila brand just in time for Cinco de Mayo on Tuesday, Justin Timberlake dressed up as a full-blown, green-faced lime.
The three-minute mockumentary-style commercial tells the story of Rick “Sour” Vane, a lime who lived the high life when all anybody wanted was a lime to go with their tequila.
“It was like you couldn’t drink tequila without one of us,” he says. “It was like we were rock stars.”
But things went sour when clubbers discovered a new drink on the scene — “triple distilled” Sauza 901 — and the thirst for limes was finally quenched.
Timberlake is a co-owner of Sauza 901, which is named after the area code of his hometown of Memphis. To further promote his new product, the singer and actor posted an apology video to his Instagram.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction