In order to promote his Sauza 901 tequila brand just in time for Cinco de Mayo on Tuesday, Justin Timberlake dressed up as a full-blown, green-faced lime.
The three-minute mockumentary-style commercial tells the story of Rick “Sour” Vane, a lime who lived the high life when all anybody wanted was a lime to go with their tequila.
“It was like you couldn’t drink tequila without one of us,” he says. “It was like we were rock stars.”
But things went sour when clubbers discovered a new drink on the scene — “triple distilled” Sauza 901 — and the thirst for limes was finally quenched.
Timberlake is a co-owner of Sauza 901, which is named after the area code of his hometown of Memphis. To further promote his new product, the singer and actor posted an apology video to his Instagram.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Helen Regan at firstname.lastname@example.org