Actress Sarah Jessica Parker basically put an internet meme on her head when she showed up to the Met Gala in a massive flaming red headpiece.
Twitterati reacted to the Philip Treacy Custom headpiece as if it were a Rorschach inkblot test, alternately seeing the villain from Power Rangers or the villain from Maleficent or the villain from the Year Without a Santa Claus — actually, they saw a lot of villains:
It’s not clear that was the desired result by the Sex and the City star – but at least she made an impression, right?
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating