Will and Kate announced Monday that their baby daughter’s name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
The royal baby girl, who was born early in the morning of May 2, is named for her grandmother and great-grandmother, Will’s late mother Princess Diana and Queen Elizabeth II.
British bookies betting on the royal baby’s name tapped Charlotte as a favorite, narrowly beating names like Alice and Coral. Some betters could be facing a seven-figure payout for guessing the right name.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms