Will and Kate announced Monday that their baby daughter’s name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
The royal baby girl, who was born early in the morning of May 2, is named for her grandmother and great-grandmother, Will’s late mother Princess Diana and Queen Elizabeth II.
British bookies betting on the royal baby’s name tapped Charlotte as a favorite, narrowly beating names like Alice and Coral. Some betters could be facing a seven-figure payout for guessing the right name.
See Kate Middleton’s Stunning Fashion Evolution
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Charlotte Alter at email@example.com