To celebrate May the 4th, a.k.a. Star Wars Day, take a moment to revel in the fact that Jar Jar Binks does not have a role in The Force Awakens.
YouTuber Murdock Motion used video-editing software to add one of the most hated characters in cinematic history into the trailer of the highly anticipated new Star Wars film. It’s a great reminder to fans of the true horror that could have been. (Now if someone could just come up with a way of editing Jar Jar out of The Phantom Menace.)
Fans don’t need to worry about Jar Jar actually appearing in The Force Awakens, though, as director J.J. Abrams seems to hate him as much as most fans. He told Vanity Fair he considered killing off the character as soon as he took the helm of the franchise: “I have a thought about putting Jar Jar Binks’s bones in the desert there. I’m serious! Only three people will notice, but they’ll love it.”
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement