Harry is currently stationed on secondment to the Australian Defense Force. On Saturday, he was spotted taking in an Australian football game just as the world was learning about the arrival of the new princess. (He won’t return to Britain until late May.)
Additionally, the palace said that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are “grateful” for all the congratulations and well-wishes that have been sent their way.
“The Duke and Duchess are hugely grateful for the messages of congratulations they have received from people all over the world,” the statement read. “It means a great deal to them that so many people have celebrated the arrival of their new daughter.”
The palace also confirmed what we already knew – that the new princess’s grandparents and Kate’s sister Pippa Middleton had visited the new arrival on Sunday morning.
No word on whether Queen Elizabeth II has seen the child yet, but she was reportedly spotted in Sandringham on Sunday. She did get in on the fun by wearing a hot pink ensemble during a royal engagement on Saturday.
As for people hoping to hear about the new princess’s name, you’ll have to wait – PEOPLE has learned that the name won’t be released on Sunday.
Until then, we’re sure the name speculation will keep everyone entertained.
—Reporting by Simon Perry
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time