Fans of 50 Shades of Grey who let out a collective cry of despair at the end of the first movie should log on to iTunes immediately—an alternate ending is officially available.
But watching the extended ending might not help with the despair, at least for now. In the new footage, Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey are still broken up after their flogging fight, according to MTV. Both appear to be struggling through daily life, with Christian unable to pay attention in a business meeting and Ana crying in the fetal position.
Then, in the most hopeful moment, Ana sends Christian a toy glider plane with a note that says “this reminded me of a happy time.”
But to find out what happens next, fans will have to wait until February 2017 for 50 Shades Darker.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was