Tesla is now looking to sell used versions of its electric cars online, the California company recently announced.
Elon Musk’s luxury auto maker is looking to make it easier for people to buy the used Model S sedans as leases come to an end for a big crop of the cars this summer, reports the Wall Street Journal. Tesla is now selling the used cars directly on its website.
A new Tesla Model S goes for between $75,000 and $105,000 before tax incentives and gas savings, depending on the battery. Used car prices range from $60,000 to more than $100,000 depending on the car’s mileage and its battery.
The first Model S units were sold in the middle of 2012, and leases are generally for three years.
Many people have also traded in their Model S for the new all-wheel drive edition, making a greater number of older Model S cars available for re-sale.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer