Tesla is now looking to sell used versions of its electric cars online, the California company recently announced.
Elon Musk’s luxury auto maker is looking to make it easier for people to buy the used Model S sedans as leases come to an end for a big crop of the cars this summer, reports the Wall Street Journal. Tesla is now selling the used cars directly on its website.
A new Tesla Model S goes for between $75,000 and $105,000 before tax incentives and gas savings, depending on the battery. Used car prices range from $60,000 to more than $100,000 depending on the car’s mileage and its battery.
The first Model S units were sold in the middle of 2012, and leases are generally for three years.
Many people have also traded in their Model S for the new all-wheel drive edition, making a greater number of older Model S cars available for re-sale.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.