A friendly reminder to all the fans who will stream in to see Avengers: Age of Ultron for its opening weekend: don’t sit through the credits waiting for a surprise scene at the end.
Marvel audiences have gotten used to the surprise extra scenes after the credits since 2008’s Iron Man. They’ll still get a little something this time, but not the true post-credits scene: Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige told Entertainment Weekly that there will be a “tag,” an epilogue-like scene that occurs right after the credits start.
Writer and director Joss Whedon told EW that really, they’re not kidding about the lack of a post-credits scene. “That’s not a fake-out,” he said. “We want people to know so they don’t sit there for 10 minutes and then go: ‘Son of a b—h! I’ll kill them!’”
Avengers: Age of Ultron opens May 1.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time