New York City is the most popular city for people ages 15 to 29, according to a survey published Thursday.
The Toronto-based YouthfulCities surveys thousands of young people each year about various city-specific topics, including culture, employment, sports, and produces this ranking of the world’s most youthful cities.
“The word youthful is used to describe attributes of youth and it is a universally positive concept,” including connectivity, openness and inventiveness, according to the project’s mission statement.
New York City, thanks to its strong scores in the arts, climbed to the top spot from No. 3 last year. Toronto, which took the crown in the 2014 list, slid this year to No. 6.
Here are the top 10 most youthful cities:
- New York City
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Mexico City
See the full list of 55 cities here.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror