New York City is the most popular city for people ages 15 to 29, according to a survey published Thursday.
The Toronto-based YouthfulCities surveys thousands of young people each year about various city-specific topics, including culture, employment, sports, and produces this ranking of the world’s most youthful cities.
“The word youthful is used to describe attributes of youth and it is a universally positive concept,” including connectivity, openness and inventiveness, according to the project’s mission statement.
New York City, thanks to its strong scores in the arts, climbed to the top spot from No. 3 last year. Toronto, which took the crown in the 2014 list, slid this year to No. 6.
Here are the top 10 most youthful cities:
- New York City
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Mexico City
See the full list of 55 cities here.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart