Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman has no qualms about snuffing out the dreams of ’90s nostalgists hoping to see the gang back together again.
“Nope, never gonna happen,” she told the Wrap when asked if the beloved series would ever see a reboot.
“It’s much better that people want it, than that they get it and don’t like it. The fear is, well, it’ll never be what it was,” she said.
And it was, Kauffman says, a show about a “time in your life when your friends are your family,” and “Once you begin to have a family of your own, that is no longer the case, and your priorities shift. So the show is over.”
But fans don’t have to look far to relive the hijinks of Chandler, Joey, Monica, Phoebe, Ross and Rachel — the entire series is available on-demand via Netflix.
Kauffman meanwhile has a new show premiering May 8 on Netflix called Grace and Frankie.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time