Get ready to relive the ’90s on your futuristic smart watch. Bandai Namco has brought Tamagotchi, the just-exciting-enough digital pets that adorned many middle schoolers’ keychains 15 years ago, to the Apple Watch.
Like most Apple Watch programs, the Tamagotchi app works in conjunction with a previously released iPhone app. On the watch, users will be able to check their Tamagotchi’s status, let it go to the bathroom and feed it. Users can also get an alert if the pet calls out for attention.
Perhaps more Tamagotchis will survive on the Apple Watch than the pets did when they were relegated to their own separate devices, which were easily lost. It’s harder to forget to feed a pet that’s constantly yelping directly on your wrist.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating