The family of Freddie Gray condemned the rioting which broke out in Baltimore overnight, saying they were “appalled” that protests over Grey’s death had descended into chaos.
“To see that it turned into all this violence and destruction, I am really appalled,” Gray’s stepfather Richard Shipley said.
Gray’s mother, Gloria Darden, said that she wants justice for her son — but urged protesters not to “do it like this.”
“Don’t tear up the whole city just for him,” she said. “That’s wrong.”
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive